Sunday, February 20, 2011

An Utter Waste

Inspired by the Isabelle de Borchgrave show of paper dresses at the Palace at the Legion of  Honor in San Francisco, I went to the ladies' room and was still mulling over her work and the medium of paper when I saw the paper toilet protector dispenser in my stall. I grabbed a few sheets, tucked them in my purse, and pursued the project you see below. So I guess you could say this work was previously on display at the Legion of Honor—sort of.

All elements are made from toilet protector paper, including the "beads"

For the purple overlay, I first drew the decorative pattern in gold. I then painted the sheet of paper protector on the reverse side with acrylic paint. The whole thing stuck to the table and tore, so I used scraps from that protector as collage elements in this final piece.



What to do with an object like this when complete? The answer seems obvious.







My favorite stage - gorgeously crumpled.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails